Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturdays!

Grandma Cleyone and Grandma Vickie come and visit and play while I run errands and finish household organization projects. Thank heaven for Grandmas. . .I am lucky my kids have such great ones! I miss mine dearly.

I found this poem, my mother would sing it to us whenever we would go to my Dad's parents house in Eugene. . . it was a great old farm.

Over the river and through the woods
To grandmother;s house we go;
The horse knows the way
To carry the sleigh,
Through the white and drifted snow.

Over the river and through the woods,
Oh, how the wind doth blow!
It stings the toes
And bites the nose
As over the ground we go.

Over the river and through the woods,
Now grandmother's house I spy!
Hurrah for the fun! Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!

Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment